zurück zum Content

Home > EU-Recht > Civil enforcement of Judgments in Germany

< zurück | weiter >

Civil enforcement of Judgments in Germany - EU-Recht (die Webseite des Fachartikels besuchen)

Regulation EC No 44/2001 - Brussel I

You want to enforce a judgement given by a national court in a Member State versus a german company or legal person? The Regulations No 44/2001 of 22 December 2000 lays down rules governing the jurisdiction, recognition and enforcement of judgments in civil and commercial matters, given in a Member State. It supersedes the Brussels Convention of 1968.

Our specialised Lawyers are able to help you to get the recognition and the enforcement of judgement, given for example by a court in a Member State according to EC No 44/2001.

Feel free to contact us via email or telefone.


Similar to civil parking enforcement in EU, the EC established in 2000 new Regulations to enforce a judgement even against consumers. No special proceedings are nacessary unless the recognition is actually contestet. The Regulation lists grounds for non-enforcement. In the case of legal persons or companies, the domicile will be determinded by the country where the company has its statutory seat. Additional a defendant may in certain circumstances be sued in the courts of another Member State. Very important is, that a foreign judgment may not be reviewed under no circumstances.

Contact us if you need assistance to get a recognition of your judgment in Germany.

And do not forget to check the propper address of the defandant before you proceede.

Please fullfill our contact-form or send us a message to: info@Jura-Office.de. There are many ways to get in touch with Jura Office Limited.

To help us make sure we are maintaining our standards and to highlight areas for improvement, we welcome any views you may have regarding our performance, which may help us improve our levels of service. Please send your comments to:

Lines are open 09:00 - 18:00 GMT , Monday to Friday, except national holidays in Germany.

Wenn Sie zu diesem Thema weitere Informationen wünschen, haben wir zur schnellen Bearbeitung Ihrer Anfrage ein Formular hinterlegt.

Ihre Rezension Ihre Stimme zu Lesezeichen


Bitte beachten Sie, dass es JuraOffice auch nach RDG untersagt ist, rechtsberatend tätig zu werden.
In Einzelfällen sollten Sie sich an Ihren Anwalt wenden.
Gerne verweist JuraOffice auch an seine Partneranwälte. Für weitere Informationen nehmen Sie bitte mit uns Kontakt auf.